McKeen Railmotor Operating Manual.
The 2 McKeen cars were imported from the McKeen Company of Omaha, USA in 1911 and entered service with VR on 13.5.1912. They seated 73 passengers. One ran services between Hamilton - Warrnambool, the other serving Ballarat - Maryborough.
They lasted in this service about 3 years. By 1919 the de-engined cars were in use as passenger carriages (see photo 5).
1. Car interior.
4. Side view of No. 2
5. Stored McKeens after use as unmotored cars. (3,4 & 5 from P J Vincent collection)
last updated 19/04/2005.